REEL BREAKDOWN

In this shot, I was tasked with assisting the compositor by providing additional rotoscoping and plate prep. The rotoscoping primarily was of the character Clancy Gray. For plate prep, I was tasked with adjusting the clean plate given for the ground, and ensuring it would work in the final shot.

For this particular shot I was tasked with fixing the straight haired wig on Anastasia. This was done by adding curls from previously shot plates, and tracking/integrating them into the wig. I also added additional highlights, and reduced the height of the top of her head due to the wig adding height.

This shot I was tasked with adding curls to the wig from previous shot plates. I also added highlights, and removed frizzy parts of the wig effected by static.

This shot I was tasked with adding curls to the wig from previous shot plates. I also added highlights, and removed frizzy parts of the wig effected by static, which included clean painting the car painting, the wall, and the curtains.

For this shot I was in charge of replacing the original phones screen, with the background received from the digital matte painting department. I also recreated the original light reflection on the screen, and tracked the new background throughout the shot.

In this shot I did 90% of the final composite, which consisted of adding in the blood and muzzle flashes. For the blood I needed to roto Oscar in order to have it spray behind him. I also needed to ensure that the blood interacted with the light and color being generated by the muzzle flashes. The muzzle flashes consisted of using appropriate source material and generated flashes, as well as adding glow where needed to help tie in the muzzle flashes into the plate. Ultimately the shot was handed over to another artist for finishing notes due to me being absent because of a prearranged vacation.

In this shot I was tasked with creating roto for all background extras. This was to enable the compositor on the shot to implement additional CG background Strigoi's. I also provided roto around the mouths of the foreground Strigoi's. This allowed the compositor to add in CG stingers.

In this shot I was tasked with providing roto for the main character for the shot, Oscar. This enabled the compositor to implement CG background Strigoi's as well as add stingers to the ones attacking Oscar.

In this shot I was tasked with providing roto for the center Strigoi extras as well as the screen left and center computer generated Strigoi's. This helped to allow more freedom for the compositor on the shot to better implement the explosion.

This shot required me to roto the foreground extras in the plate. In doing so I was able to add additional dead CG Strigoi's, as well as body parts falling from the explosion in the prior shot. I also added atmospheric smoke and blood.

For this shot I was put onto a small look development team to assist with alternative debris looks for the pyramid explosion. The team and I created various looks for the dust, smoke, and metal debris.

This project consisted of taking plates consisting of an actress on a green screen stage with her hair blowing in the wind. The goal was to key her in Nuke, and make it appear as if she were on a boat at sea. For this project I created a 3D scene, procedural water utilizing noise, added atmospheric fog, camera shake, and other 2D elements to help sell the scene.

For this shot I wanted to demonstrate wire removal. The goal was to remove all main wires connected to the worker. I started by match moving the camera, then did a clean plate removing the worker completely. I then selected areas where the rope was visible and replaced with the clean plate. At this point I brought the worker back over the clean plated areas using a series of rotos.